Today is the first day of the 2022 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period (AEP)! From October 15th to December 7th, you as a Medicare beneficiary can make changes to your current Medicare coverage. Although this time can be stressful, Fidelis is there to support you! We will walk you through your coverage options, ensuring you find the plan that best suits your needs. During AEP, you may not be sure what you should and shouldn’t be doing during this time. To help, we have put together the Do’s and Dont’s of AEP for you!
- Make an appointment with a local, licensed agent. Scheduling earlier on in the season will guarantee your agent’s full attention. The later you schedule, the more likely you will get caught up in the last-minute rush, which could mean overlooking crucial medical information.
- Check your mail for an Annual Notice of Change from your plan carrier. These were sent out at the end of September to let you know of any changes made to your plan. Call your agent if you have any questions or concerns about the notice.
- Make a list of your providers and prescriptions. This list will help you and your agent find a Medicare plan that best suits your needs.
- Don’t give out any personal information unless your agent must have it. Your agent should never ask for personal information such as your social security number or driver’s license.
- Don’t get caught up with celebrity endorsements! More times than not, these endorsements do not apply to your specific needs. You are unique, and each market is unique; find an agent that knows your market and will care for your needs!
- Don’t assume! If you have any questions, reach out today to your Fidelis agent.